An Everyday Outfit

21:31

I don't really have a 'go-to' outfit, so this morning I simply put on the first thing I picked up. Spontaneous, potentially risky - but I think sometimes that's the best way to go if you're wanting to achieve an effortless yet put together look. My favourite season is Autumn; I absolutely adore wrapping up in scarves, gloves, layers upon layers of jumpers and tops and a big fluffy coat but for some reason this October is warmer than any other Summer I've experienced in the UK.

A jacket obsession has developed this last year, and I bought this brown suede biker jacket from New Look a couple of weeks ago to add to my ever growing beige coat collection. It's SO fluffy and warm and I deliberately bought it slightly oversized for comfort (and also it looks GREAT with a high waisted skirt because the hem lengths are pretty much the same).

Photo by Michaela Moss


Photo by Michaela Moss
This grey top is from New Look - in fact most of this outfit is. I'm definitely a fan of New Look although it currently appears to be going through strong and weak phases. Some days I'll go in and want absolutely everything and other days I can't even find a sock that I like. I bought this on a particular day that I was skipping around the shop in absolute euphoria and was picking up hangers left, right and centre. It's a really simple, high neck, ribbed, sleeveless top with a slight glitter sewn into it. I'm a HUGE fan of high neck tops and jumpers to the point I feel slightly weird in anything different.

Photo by Michaela Moss
Photo by Michaela Moss
I adore hats and still hold hope that I'm going to be able to really pull one off one day. I try to wear them pretty often on the off chance that that day will be my day however I'm yet to wear a hat for more than two hours without taking it off because it's annoying, blowing off in the wind or makes me look a bit stupid. I think since cutting my hair short I don't suit hats as much as I used to but it's not stopping me trying to wear them at every given opportunity, since I never got to wear them back home. This one is from Primark and I really like it because of the soft, floppy brim. I have a couple of other hats which have stiff, short rims which make me look more like a cowboy than a Made-In-Chelsea wannabe.

Photo by Michaela Moss
Heeled boots are an absolute staple in my wardrobe. I'm super short and have weirdly long legs for it and so a lot of my clothes seem to look weird without a bit of added height. These are incredibly comfortable - more comfortable than half my flats in fact (I went two days trekking around London in them and didn't even blister) - and were for certain my most worn pair of shoes earlier this year. They're a lovely pair of Autumn/Winter boots but I definitely wouldn't recommend wearing them when it starts to become icy. Lots of comfort, not so much grip.

Photo by Dani Jeffrey
I love wearing jeans but only seem to wear these Leighs from Topshop at the moment - I tend to go through phases with jeans and will wear the same pair every day until I get bored of them and buy some more. As with almost every girl my age I did go through the Joni obsession and have now come to regret it. I'm Leigh forever. They're slightly high waisted, still have a denim feel to them (cough, Joni) and are super duper soft and comfortable. The deep blue colour of them also means that they go with almost everything - a definite everyday item.

Photo by Michaela Moss

You Might Also Like

0 comments

recent posts

Popular Posts

Subscribe